Friday 14 November 2014

Owl Blanket ta-dah!

Now baby Alex has moved out of our room and into his big cot in Molly's room, i wanted him to have a new blanket just for him for his new cot. I posted before about redecorating Molly's room with a woodland theme so it would be nice for each of them. So i wanted something with an Owl on so it would match the theme, plus i love all the cute little owls there are out there to crochet.

Then  found the most adorable blankie had have seen, i found it via Ravelry on the Red Heart website and wanted to start it straight away and as we were going on holiday i decided to have a go at didn't away along drive.

The blanket part its self was very easy and worked up quite quickly, however we were so busy on our hols that not a lot got done and when i got back it was out a side as i wanted t finish some other things i had on the go.

I picked it back up eventually though and made a start on all the leaves and flowers which i had thought would take forever but were surprisingly quick and easy.

I had a night where i had agreed to baby sit for my friend and this gave me a fantastic opportunity to get on with stitching it all together in peace and quiet with no distraction ( thanks to her very good and fast asleep kids!)


I managed invisible stitches so i was really please with myself as some times in a rush to get things done i can be a bit sloppy with finishing off, but i am learning to be more patient and realizing what a difference it makes, because after all if you have out so much effort and time in you want it to be the best it possible can be
Then it was done... ta-dah!


The pattern link is here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/whoos-my-cutie-blanket 
I would love to know if some of you are going to give it a try.
I taught two lady's to crochet yesterday and this was what they wanted to do so i have started them off and i can't wait to see hoe they get on.
bye for now xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment