Sunday 18 January 2015

New Year, New me!

Okay so it sounds cheesy, but for me i have never bothered with new years resolutions i am not that type of person. For me if i am going to do something then i have to pick the right time not a pre selected date that i am not really commited to. Also i don't want a new me i quite like the old one, but there does have to be changes. For that last 8 years i have suffered from pain in my back and hip, but where as in the past it has been sporadic when i had Freddie it became significantly worse and when i became pregnant with Alex it has been almost continual. Dispite just putting up with it, recently its become almost unbearable and thought i have been to the doctors quite a few times i have never been dealt with and i hav'nt been given any real help. I think one of the biggest problems is that there is such a big stigma attached to people who say they have a bad back, people automatically assume they are work shy and on benefits, Its one of the reasons that i don't tell people about it, or that i didn't use the crutches i was given and if people ask me to help with something i always do regardless of the fact that i might not be able to move later on in the day because i don't want people to think i am making it up or on benefits, which i am not and always tell any doctor that sees me so they know i am genuine but to be honest it shouldn't be like that. Anyway i digress, the last months have been awful and it is horrid to go to bed in pain and know that i will wake up stiff and in pain, i miss the cosy feeling i used to get when i climbed into bed and snuggled down, for me i haven't had that since before i was pregnant with Alex and it was so bad the only comfortable place  to sleep was on the couch.

So after exensive reserch i have congered up a plan to exercise my way back to a pain free life. Although acording to an articale in the daily mail that i saw on Facebook knitting can ease pain so god knows how bad it would be if i didn't!!!
Due to the pain and advice i was given to rest as much as possible i have tried to be careful to not make it worse and this has had the adverse effect of making my baby weight remain from Fred which i suppose has agitated the problem.

So two weeks ago i started, first of all i did 30 mins of wii fit yoga, but i then found a beginners video on you tube so have been doing that as well as walking anywhere between one hour and three hours a day for 5 days a week ( weekends i just do whatever i feel like!!). I bought a kettle bell and have been doing a 10 min you tube work out with that. The results are that my back feels much better, its still painful but its taken the edge off. However the rest of my body and every Mussels in it aches, so it could just be that's more painful than my back!!!! But i will keep at it and see what happens.

I have also made small changes to my diet. On the whole my diet is pretty good, but i have cut back on certain things and am using my fitness pal to track my calories making sure i keep to a certain amount without giving up some of the things i like and i hope doing it this way will help me to keep on track. I have lost 4 pound in the first two weeks so its the kind of steady weight loss i was hoping for and it leaves room to cut down further in the future if i start to struggle.

So we shall see what happens.
Bye xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment