Tuesday 3 March 2015

Random craft morning

On Sunday, i had a real desire to craft and that morning it was sewing that was drawing me in.Partly i suspect to the new season of the Sewing Bee on telly. I really wanted to have a pattern to follow, like the challenge that they do each week. I do sometimes follow patterns and sometimes i just free style it. I love the patterns that you can download and stick together, its amazing that you can do this and reminds me just how important my laptop has become to my crafting. The inspiration and the new skills i have learn't make life more interesting and keep me very busy. In my sewing box i found 3 meters of pink polka dot fabric that had been for something but not ended up getting used, so decided that i would make something summery from Molly. I googled Girls free sewing patterns and came across this http://www.craftpassion.com/2011/07/sew-tie-hem-girl-shorts.html
Strawberry tie hem... adorable and
These shorts looked so cute and thought Molly would love to wear them  in the summer. So i got started and downloaded the pattern. The website has a how to guide and its really easy to follow. I decided to make a top to go with it and one thing i have never tried is sirring and after seeing how they did it on the sewing bee decided to have a go. Shame was i only had a small amount of the elastic so just did a bit and to be honest it wasn't great but i have the jist of how to do it so will get some more and have another go. Even so Molly loves her new outfit and wants to take it on holiday with us in the summer.





I love the way she always sticks out her belly, its cute. I think i will be making many more pairs of these shorts.

Whilst i was busy doing these the kids had pulled out every toy so i had a fun time tidying up after everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment