Saturday 25 April 2015

Finally a Rainbow Blanket Ta-dah!!!

Crochet time has been bare minimum in the last few weeks, my usual crochet times have been given over to all kinds of bits and bobs, letters, e-mail, spring cleaning and being on hold to various company's for what feels like hours and hours, just all the bitty jobs that get put off but ultimately needed doing. Spring always makes me feel like being more organised. But also makes me want to finish off those projects that have been in my basket for ages so i can start something new.
 I started this blanket back in January. I had completed the baby ripple for my friend and had some of each ball of the ice magic left and i wanted to make something with it as its really colorful yarn, so after playing about i just decided to do something very simple and let the colors speak for themselves. I used left overs from 7 different colored balls and made a very simple three round granny square.


I made squares and tried arranging them in various formations and patterns but again decided on a very random and simple pattern

I have spent the last few weeks crocheting them together, but like i said its been a really busy few weeks so just snatched the odd five minutes here and there, until the last few days when its been really warm and so while the kids were playing out i had a final push to get it finished.


Here it is Ta-Dah!!!





Thanks for looking, bye x

3 comments: