Thursday 4 May 2017

Election Day

Yesterday was Election day here in Lancashire. There were two elections near me the Lancashire County Council Elections and the by election for the borough council for the ward i live in. I was one of three candidates for the by election,Conservative, Labour & Green. I don't know the results yet at we have to meet for the count at 10am today so i am in a waiting game.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind for me really, from getting the call so see if i would stand, through the selection process, to getting out and about, pounding the streets leafleting and canvassing. It been busy and hard at times with all my other commitments, but i have loved every minute of it and the nearer the day has got the more i have wanted to win! Paul has been amazing he has been sorting out the house and kids to going out night after night after night leafleting for me! i am so lucky to have him and i think he has enjoyed it all too.

When Paul got his postal vote a few weeks ago it was very emotional to see my name on it and i felt so proud. I really do enjoy all the volunteer work i no and this just feels like the next step.
I have no plan, no agenda i just want to make a difference and i really hope i get the chance.




Once the polling stations were closed last night we all went to the pub for a few well earned drinks and as my parents had the kids a child freenight!





Its all so exciting, but also nerve racking!, the seat i am going for is held by Labour so i have everything to gain!!!
Wish me luck! x
P.S As i think its going to be a long wait today, i have packed the sock i am knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment