Monday 26 August 2013

Crafting for Baby

When i  found out i was pregnant with my oldest son nearly 8 years ago my main crafting hobbies were Cross Stitch and Quilted Cushion Making. So i got to work and he still sleeps with his Noahs Arc Cushion. At that time my Knitting abilitys were limited to Funky Fur Scarfs, even so i did attemp a Garter Stitch Jumper which was not really sucessful so i gave up till he was a few months old and a new Weekley magazine was published teaching everything about knitting, so i taught myself and a few years later the same magazine published a Crochet Version and that was it i was Hooked! Every week you had to knit or crochet a square, i then put all the squares together to make a throw. This is the finished product, every sqaure represents hours of usually frustration trying to learn a new stitch, but finishing it has given me great satisfaction and ultimatly a lifelong hobbie that i can't imagine being without.






By the time i fell pregnant with my daughter and other son i was happying Knitting cardigans, blankets, hats and booties.This time when i found out i was pregnant was not what can i buy, but what can i make! These are a couple of things i have make in the last couple of weeks

This time i have decided i don't want to wear the same old maternity clothes jeans and t-shirts that i did with my others so i have started to make my own.
This is my up cycled old maternity jeans
My Ruffle Skirt which i have been wearing all the time the last few weeks.

The sun is shining here and i don't want to waste the opportunity get hooky in the garden. So i am off outside

bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment