Sunday 22 September 2013

New Patterns and Back to School

School went back two weeks ago now and this year my daughter Molly started. She was ready for it and has absolutely loved every minute of it and I think Ewan has enjoyed being the big brother at school as well. So that has just left Fred and I at home alone. After a very busy and loud summer holidays its very quiet at home during the day, which is nice as Fred gets some mummy and me time before little one arrives in February. Its nice just sitting with him and being able to sped time playing simple games and teaching him things. We went for a walk to feed the ducks and I have heard nothing but "Quack Quack" from him since. At least he can now say it at the correct part in "5 little ducks went swimming one day".Singing is one thing I defiantly should not give up my day job for but there is plenty of it in our house!

One wonderful thing about a quiet home during the day is the extra time to fulfill my creative side, so i was very excited when a neighbor asked if i wanted some old patterns she had as she was having a clear out. Of course i agreed and was over the moon when she turned up at my door with at least 100 and two bin bags full of wool. I quickly finished tea bathed the kids and let them have an early night so i could settle down with a cup of tea and have a look at what was there ( i am not normally selfish person and they did all fall asleep straight away...).
A lot of them were vintage patterns from the 50s,60, and 70s.

Most of them were baby patterns which is good with baby number 4 due in February. I love baby's in knitted clothes and i have made the patterns i own a few times now so starting to get a bit board with them so its nice to have some different ones to do. I spent a good couple of hours looking through even my husband joined in. we had such a laugh as some of the patterns were in magazines so we enjoyed reading the other articles in them and the problem pages gave us the most entertainment. I will share some at at later date.
I particularly enjoyed this pattern for socks complete with hairy legs!
Well i had to start something straight away and this was it a very easy all in one piece matinee jacket for the new baby.
We don't know what sex the baby is yet and we are not going to find out as we want a surprise this last time, but i love the color of this wool.

I am going to knit now as i am working on a little Aran jumper for Fred.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment