Sunday 22 September 2013

Ta-dah!!!! Sunflower Blanket

Well I can finally after over a year show my first granny square blanket!
I started it in April 2012 after finding the pattern for the square in Craftseller Magazine, i made a few alterations and decided to call it my Sunflower Blanket and made my first 12 squares. Them along came baby Freddie and production was halted in favor of baby things. Its was put in a box for another day.

Christmas 2012 i started again and managed to make it to about 40 Squares!
I promised myself that i would do a few each week and managed to get to 90 squares a few weeks ago.
I was starting to get excited that the biggest blanket i had ever made was nearly finished and decided to stop everything else and get it finished, so i had 54 squared left.
I did the last squares by doing the colorful circles at home so i just had to take the white wool out and about with me to finish them off. I loved playing with the little circles they are so bright and definitely take the edge off the gray clouds that are starting to appear!

Finally all the circles were squares and all the squares were crocheted together and it was time to eage and finish it. I decided to do rows of Single Crochet ( get me, i use so meny us patterns i use US terminology more than UK) one white, then lilac, blue, pink then white again, and this is where i hit a snag!


White, lilac and blue all ok, but do i have enough pink.....yes course i have keep going......


................................should just manage it..................................................
...............................OMG!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....
Well do i unravel and start again with a different color ? no i go on a wool hunt, in every cupboard and draw and basket, there must me some somewhere................................................
YAY!!!! at the bottom of my basket a little tangley bit, but just enough to finish.

and then

TA-DAH!!!!!!!
Introducing The Sunflower Blanket
144 Squares!
I am very proud of it and it is already well used by my and the little one on our afternoon naps and to snuggle up and watch telly now the nights are getting colder.
Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment