Sunday 10 November 2013

Craft Selling!

What a busy week we have had. Two Weeks ago i decided to start selling my hats, something which i have been planning to do since this time last year, but i always manage to find a reason to put it off. After a bit of a push i have set up a Facebook account to show what i can do and got some new business cards and labels to go in the hats and have spent the last two weeks frantically making stock for my first ever stall. 
Finally the day came and i was really pleased with how it all came together unfortunately i forgot to take pictures but here are some of the things i made.



If you would like to look my Facebook Address is https://www.facebook.com/makingsfromthemadhouse
I have had my first few orders and i am really happy with that.

Last week was also Bonfire night, however this wasn't such a success. I was tired the kids were tired and it was cold and rainy all day so we were stood on a hill watching a firework display that had been organised by the council. It was really good but none of us was really in the mood. I took some sparklers and that was all the kids were interested in.. well until they were lit then they suddenly became scared of them and they definitely were not last year. Never mind, just let it be noted that next year we will do it my way and stay home and have some friends and family over for some nice food and watch the display put on by the local football club which can be seen from our garden.

As i have been busy with the hats, the only project i have managed to finish is Freds aran Jumper (pictures to follow), but after all those hats i was ready to start something new. I have decided to start a new blanket, it will be a bit smaller than the ones i have done before as i want it ti be part of a Christmas hamper i am making as a pressie for my mum and dad. Its a snowflake pattern and i am planning on 36 squares.

 I started on the 5th November and am doing one a day so that should give me enough time to put it together.

The next project i have started is another little warm jumper for Fred as he has worn the other non stop. I love the lime green wool that i have chosen.

Finally i still have the t-shirt rug to finish which i really want to complete this week, here is a sneaky peek of the start

Well i am off now to enjoy the lovely warm pancakes that i just had to have!!!!
Bye xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment