Saturday 16 November 2013

T-Shirt Rug Ta-dah!

Finally its finished! It wasn't a very long project to do, but i kept working on other things so something which should have taken a weekend has taken about a month.

I had seen T-Shirt and rag rugs on pintrest and have been desperate to make one for myself for a while especially since i am not all that fond of generic rugs that they sell just about everywhere and my lounge is a display room for a lot of the things i have made so i knew one of these rugs would be a great addition.

I had a massive clear out at the end of summer and found a pile of old tops that would do the trick- well i say old some still had tags in them, but doesn't everyone go overboard at Primark with tops in every color for a couple of quid each, i had to wonder what possessed me to buy an luminous green stripey top, it was not the most flattering thing i have ever brought!

This is what i ended up with a big pile of tops. I then had a quick look at you tube and found out roughly what i needed to do. Like everything i do a started to wing it!
Cutting the tops into strips and balling them up is possibly one of the most boring crafty things i have done, so i decided to cut a few up then start, and i would alternate cutting and crocheting the rug.
This bit i enjoyed, i loved the bright colours as i was starting to look rather gloomy outside.

I enjoyed watching it grow and develop.

Then finally 24 T-shirts later, i had no more tops and it was finished!
TA-DAH!!!!


To be honest its not really finished, just on hold, till i can get hold of some more t-shirts. I love the way it looks in my lounge but its far to small. I do wonder how many more it will take considering this took 24. Who knows? there is only one way to find out? .... more hooking!!!!

Bye xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment