Friday 20 February 2015

Ice Magic Baby Ripple

My oldest friend Emma announced she was having a baby last year, she has two children already who are teens, but had always wanted more. I know she loves handmade things so knew i wanted to make some little things for the new arrival. I had seen that Emma had posted on Facebook about tye dying clothes for the baby and i remembered the Ice Magic yarn i have bought and stashed away and knew it would be perfect for them. Ice Magic is a variegated yarn that is hues of the same color so it creates stripes of different shades which creates a great effect without having to spend hours deciding which colors should go where.

I took it with me on the train to work on as ripple are a nice easy crochet
and i spent a lovely Sunday morning in bed working on it

Then it was finished
TA-DAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





I posted it off to Emma with some little cardigans and hats, to be honest i didn't was to part with it, its so soft and the colors are just what i love, but it needs a tiny baby to wrap round! Two days after she received it Emma had the baby, a little boy a few weeks early named River and she has sent me a picture of him snuggled with it.

I had about half a ball of each color left so i am working on a little something with those.
Bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment