Tuesday 17 February 2015

Queens Part 3


Last weekend was the Queen of Queens Competition. We held this event last year and it is the last chance for some of the Queens to compete against each other. This year it was held by Normoss and Staining Gala and they added some new categories As well as best Queen and Best retinue, they had Best Princess and Best Prince Charming.


I was so proud that our Prince Charming  Ashley won an award. It was also a chance to introduce myself to people from other Galas as this is my first year as Chairperson.

On the home front things have been nice and relaxed,we have all had flu at one point or another over the last month so we have been staying in at weekends spending time doing jigsaws and playing games. The new one is Monopoly Towers its a bit addictive! also baking with the kids.

I have still been doing my diet and have lost 6lbs last month, not a lot really but i haven't cut anything out and have made subtle changes, also i have been exercising and walking for up to 3 hours a day and as Paul keeps telling me muscle ways more! I am please though, i think slowly and not restricting myself will work better for me.

We are all really enjoying the new meals, Over the years i have got into a rut of just cooking what everyone likes and being busy means that i stopped experimenting and tring new recipes that used to be something i enjoyed. One of the kids favorites is Heavenly Soup, Leek and potato really but that's what Ewan called it, High praise indeed!

We did make  it out a couple of times, we went to the Towers and i printed treasure hunt sheets for winter off the Woodland trust website, the kids love doing these and we took a flask and some biccys.

  Aex loves the duckies!

He is very mobile now so i have to have the play pen out to pop him in if i need to leave the room or do anything, he is a cutie!


I can smell my dinner now so better check it, Roast Lamb yum x





No comments:

Post a Comment