Monday 10 October 2016

Sunny weekend!

This weekend has been wonderful! we stayed in and just did what we wanted, which was just what we needed to do. Since the kids have been back at school and i started college it feels like its been a whirlwind with so much going on. Its been hard for me to get back into the homework routine since its been years since i had to do anything like that but i am enjoying it. Last night i sat down to write an essay on  child development and despite having four children i just stared at the screen for about 30 mins but once i got started it was easy. I think its just more difficult when you aren't used to doing things like this. I am really enjoying both courses that i am doing, even the GCSE Maths which i hated at school but i think now with a bit of experience behind me such as work situations where i have had to use it, has made it that much easier, and the other bits that i have never had to use i am also enjoying and its nice to stretch my brain once in a while! we will see if i pass of not next year! The Working with Children and Young People level 3 that is my main course has really started now and i have a placement at the local Childrens Centre where i run the Craft and Chat sessions. As i go to lots of groups their i decided to do my placement in the Young Parents group. I actually really enjoy it and the staff have let me be in charge of organizing the crafts! think i can manage that!

I can't stop taking pictures on my way home from college i have tons on my phone. But its illumination season here so its very busy and all the lights are up. Paul took the kids through the illuminations the other week while i was at college as he had forgotten to take his house key and i had turned my phone off so i was really surprised to find them all outside when i had finished. The last two weeks Paul has taken Ewan to look round High Schools eeekk where did the time go!


Now its just me & Alex during the day we have had some little outings and been going to lots more groups



I have been so hungry recently and needing lots of comfort food,i saw these baked potatoes on pintrest and i have to say they hit the spot. I topped ours with Ham and Pineapple and of course lots of garlic butter

 Soups and stews are back on the menu in force!

I went out to the Conservative Dinner Dance last week and while i was getting ready me and the kids had a mini disco!


This is one little disco lazer that cost £5 i think on ebay but its fantastic and reacts to the music


I love, love , love these reindeer! My Mum and Dad took them to Stannah last week and they were helping kids make them for free!! We are going to dress them up a bit for Christmas

So Saturday night was games night


Chance to knit in between turns


Fred got his first party invite from school, he was so excited


While he was there Molly made some Fairy Bird House


While i started a new project, Socks!


When he got back i made them some gloop to play with


Afterwards Paul played football on the field with them, it was such a perfect day and do sunny and warm,but then nice to come inside and snuggle up with a hot chocolate when it got cold.






No comments:

Post a Comment