Monday 5 December 2016

Getting organized

So I have completed my first week in my new job after being at home with the kids for a few years. Firstly I noticed how quiet it is without the kids and you get to drink full cups of tea! Alex always had to pick up my cup and drink the rest of my tea if I dared to put it down for a minute .  I have really missed little Alex and feel awfully guilty that he is at nursery but at least it's only for 3 days and the other 2 he is with my mum. I am feeling really relived that I have hopefully managed to sort out my hours so that I can pick the children up from school for a 3 days and my mum will the other 2 as you can do flexi time at work. Which is great as I had run out of childcare options for 2 of the kids in the evening as everywhere was fully booked. But all sorted now i think and it will work out better as I have missed picking the kids up this week.
I am starting to feel super organised. This first week went really well and everything ran smoothly. I think having started getting everyone into a routine a few weeks ago has really paid off and I am using my diary more than ever planning and making lists of what we will be doing and what I need to do is want to get done, I need more space though so might treat myself to a new planner.
We put the tree up this weekend and as usual I got a real tree and it was a bargain at £11.99! It's not as wide as we usually get but it's still great and as we saved a bit of money a bought a couple of extra bits. It was a bitvsad that Ewan wanted to play out with his friends rather than decorate it but he is getting to that are I think. The rest of us enjoy it and there is noting like that first night when it's all twinkly,  Molly and I made some mince pies and we drank got choc with the works . I think it will be a great Christmas this year! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment