Saturday 21 April 2018

Easter Holidays


This Easter with quite a few days off work, i decided it was going to be a crafty Easter. I get so busy these days with work and then dashing off to meeting and spending lots of time on the tech, answering emails etc and then when i am at home its all about the housework and to be honest i was feeling like there was no time for me to relax and unwind. I was getting quite stressed.
So i decided i needed to make time and put thephone down occasionally! they are really addictive, specially facebook, which i have found a lot recently stresses me out. So i have made a new rule Pinterest First!  I love pintrest and am always looking through it anyway, but know i log out of facebook and limit my time on it and when i pick up my phone to have a browse i open Pinterest instead of Facebook, it makes more sense, pinterest makes me smile, i love looking through all the crafts and it really inspires me. I also put Blogger on on i can read blogs while i am out and about instead.

So back to Easter, i prepared by buying some new supplys.


One thing i have always wanted to do is make an Easter Tree, i have seen so many over the years and thought one would look great in my new lounge.
We made some salt dough and used the cookie cutters to make Easter shapes.


For the Tree, we went out round the field collecting up branches from the floor and i found this old vase that we don't use anymore.


I sprayed the vase gold and the twigs white


We bough a string of lights but i hadn't read the box and they were very small, so will need to get some bigger ones for it.
I sat it on a  peice offake grass i had left in the shed.






We got to work painting the shapes up


And we painted some eggs, I started my entry for a competition at work for best decorated egg and got really carried away.


Molly helped me make a scene for the eggs


I was more than pleased with how it turned out, those eggs took me hours!


A colleague from work, was getting married, and i have seen these decorated bottles and really wanted to try them myself, so this was a perfect opportunity



She loved them and they are displayed in her cabinate at home


We made pom pom animals and did other crafts but i didn't get any more pictures


On a very cold day over the Easter weekend we headed out to Stanah to do the Explorer Trail. You have to follow the map and find little plaques that have pictures and questions on them.





We finished and headed to the cafe for cake and hot chocolate

One of our new hobbies is hunting for rocks!

There is a local facebook page where people paint rocks and then hide them and post a picture of the rocks and the area they are hidden, then once you find them you take a picture and post to let them know you have them.Then you can keep the rock or re hide it.

So we spent a few hours painting our own rocks ready to hide.





Very happy with them all




No comments:

Post a Comment