Sunday 1 December 2013

Nesting!

The last two weeks have been so busy with quite a few things. Like my last three pregnancy's i often get the need to redecorate rooms in my manic nesting faze which is always round the same time about 28ish weeks. This time however it has considered with my usual pre Christmas clean. So in the last two weeks ( well 7 days out of the last two weeks I have repainted the hall and stairs and kitchen and bathroom and papered a wall, been through all cupboards and ridded myself of the years accumulated clutter and rug doctored everything i can. It feels amazing to be finally finished and ready to relax for Christmas.

On top of all this i have been so lucky to receive far more orders for my hats than i had expected so while days have been filled with nesting, evenings, some days and quite a few nights (blame pregnancy insomnia) crocheting orders. Its been lovely to see hats appearing at random when i am out shopping and i am really enjoying doing it, i have so many idea for other things i would like to make and requests from people so hopefully after Christmas i can make a start on those.

One of the requests i have had is for Furby Hats. Furbys seem to be most requested toy this Christmas, but i scoured the internet for patterns or ideas and only can=me up with one hat and that wasn't what was needed, so i set about making my own pattern my very first pattern! and i was so pleased with the result, i decided to put the pattern on my blog for free, so watch this space in the next week. But in the meantime here is the Furby Boom


And a Hello Kitty Hat, i have made quite a few of these over the last year but its only recently i have been photo graphing everything

It has turned really cold here over the last two weeks and i am starting to look out over the most picturesque frosty field
So i had to make so mittens for the kiddy winks

Now i have finished all the painting its time to start all the pintrest crafty things i have been spotting and storing in the back of my mind. I have started some and you should see the results over the coming weeks.
Here is a really simple one.

It started out as a plain clear glass vase that was very boring and had been in my cupboard for ever.
I mixed Green glitter paint and PVA glue together and painted it all over the outside really thickly. I left it over night and in the morning when it was dry, it looked like the glitter was in the glass and the glass was tinted green as the glue had dried clear. This is something i am going to be doing a lot of as i have lots of jars saved and they make really nice tea light holders.

Off do do more Christmas decorating.
Bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment