Friday 25 March 2016

My New Phone & Social Media

Earlyer this month i got my long awaited new phone, i am on a contract that gives me a new phone every two years, so with all the new tech out there i was getting a bit board with my old one. The last two phones i have had have been Blackberrys, i really love them because of the keyboards, it makes texting so much easier, but this time around the new Blackberry would have cost me £79 per month, way more than then £16 i have been paying so i settled on a Samsung Galexy, Great!
It arrived and i quickly signed up to all the different apps you can't get on Blackberry, signed into Emails, facebook, twitter, Instagram, which i have been desperate to go on and a whole host of others. I was all ready to go...within a week i had used all my data...a week later i had used all my minutes, previously i had only used a third of my minutes and a 10th of my data. But now its there at the touch of a button, it pings i check it, whenever and wherever i am, all the junk emails all the comments for a post i commented on. Okay so it was a novelty at first but now its slightly irritating and all those apps were filling up my storage and draining my battery.

The final straw has come last week when i was just getting into bed and it pinged, i checked, it was a question about the local Gala of which i am chairperson, i answered the question, little did i know that a couple of ours later i would still be part of the conversation and others about the conversation but on secret groups. Basically somebody wasn't happy with some decision the committee had made and after some debate started throwing really ill informed remarks, that i was a member of the local council and taking back handers to ruin there local tradition, Well i am not part of the council, i am a volunteer and get paid nothing, none of us do. So after an apology about that, they then started making very personal nasty remarks about us, at this point a few committee members were all commenting. eventually they ran out of steam and i came to me that actually they were just enjoying winding us up and that i had spend a couple of hours falling for it.

So i have turned off some of those apps that were using up so much of my time and will go back to the old way of doing things, popping on to the computer when i have the time or in the evenings, it will be useful around gala day, when i need to be in touch with people and advertising, but really i have better things to do, like knitting and crafting, so much for modern technology.

1 comment:

  1. I can't be bothered with all that. I use my phone as a phone and for texting. everything else is done on the computer when I get to it.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete