Saturday 26 November 2016

Big Changes

I have been lucky enough to have not worked the last couple of years since the littlest was born, Its not been easy we have been on a very limited budget and had to work at making it all fit together, but on the whole its been a great experience for me and i have had the opportunity to be there for the kids and do some vol entry work as well. But we decided now that Fred is at school that we really need for me to go back to work. I have been lucky and got the first job i applied for ,i did apply for others after it , but its been a long, long process, with various tests and interview but i was offered the job a couple of weeks ago and will be starting in another week. Its a full time job and i will have my two college courses on top of that so i have had to give up some of my volunteering posts which in all honesty has been harder than i imagined it would be. On Friday i attended my last Advisory board meeting for the Childrens Centre and was presented with some flowers and thats when it hit me really hard that i was going to miss it so so much, also i have had to stop running Craft & Chat and also my placement at the Young parents group. The feedback and comments i have had have been amazing and i know that i must keep on with my college course so i can eventually become a support worker and then a Social Worker, which is what my work at the Childrens Centre has inspired me to do. But for now i have this new job which is not my dream job but it will bring in the money and its a good employer for family's as they offer flexi time and hopefully next year i can cut my hours once i start my degree.

So i have been very busy the last few weeks, organizing things and making lists. I have been completely turning the house upside down sorting cupboards and getting rid of stuff and trying to bring some order to the house before i start work. I always have a big sort out before Christmas anyway, its just a bit earlier this time. I have started some chore charts for the kids and they have been doing them for a few weeks now and Molly and Fred are really into it and doing well, Ewan is struggling and keeps trying to opt out! but unfortunately for him, he can't! Everyone will have to pitch in now and its not like i am asking too much, just making beds and putting there own stuff away etc


I have been making the most of these last days at home with Alex as a stay at home mum, cuddling up and watching tv while i crochet,i am going to miss these times so much


This is another part of a Christmas Pressie


After the last advisory board meeting i got off the bus and saw this hat on a post..... clearly Fred had dropped it,thank god someone put it out to be found.

These are the flowers i was given, still feeling so sad to be leaving, but heres to the next chapter x



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! I hope you enjoy it.

    And what great luck finding the hat, I always pick up bits of clothing that are on the ground and put them on a wall or something, you never know when someone will retrace their steps.

    ReplyDelete