Saturday 26 November 2016

Rainbow Unicorn Cake & Knitted Poncho

A neighbor asked if i could make a cake for her daughters birthday,but it had to be unicorn related, so this was the cake that i made. In the past i have made rainbow cakes but they have been quite pale so i treated myself to some color pastes and wow what a difference the colors really pop!


I took the core out of the cake and filled it with skittles


It went down a storm and i have requests for other cakes now!
I have to say i think this is one of the best cakes i have made and Molly is after one for her birthday


I finished this a few weeks ago, i made the pattern up myself after seeing quite a few on Ravelry. The yarn is Style Craft brush strokes and i think its discontinued now but i had lots in as i was going to make myself a poncho but never got round to it, but this really suits Molly and she has been wearing it out with a big jumper underneath.


No comments:

Post a Comment