Friday 11 November 2016

Lightpool & Bonfire night

Now the clocks have gone back I seem to be waking up even earlier that I would have if the clocks hadn't gone back, I really do enjoy that though especially if the kids are in bed still and I can sit in the quiet and watch it become light across the field and have some nice hot tea and snuggle in my blankets. I have finished another few projects over the last few weeks, I don't seem to put my knitting down much at the moment, if I am sat down then I am usually knitting! I do have to watch little Alex-scissor hands who I recently discovered had been taking my scissors out and randomly snipping at the wool!, I have found him some random old balls of yarn now and I keep an eye on him while he is cutting and hide the scissors when he is done. This is a new jumper I have started for Fred, well I an aiming for him but I have adjusted the size so if it doesn't work out and it ends up smaller at least it will fit Alex.






Lots more soup is getting eaten here and I have been discovering and experimenting with new ones, my favorite so far is Broccoli  & Cheese soup, I can't even describe how delicious it is, but I will be making ALOT more of it!



Lots more family games night now the kids are not so keen on playing out and anyway the nights are getting darker sooner. Alex is such a smart cookie, even he joined in with junior scrabble this time and managed to quickly match up the tiles with the letters printed on the board.



Fred went to his first school disco, so sweet, he was so excited, it was a bit of a night as Molly, and Ewan also had discos on the same night but all at different times so we were back and forward all night.

It was also Roald Dahl week and Fred won First prize in his class for dressing up as Willy Wonka!





One night in the holidays, we had a spare of the minute trip to Lightpool, which is basically part of the blackpool illuminations. They project various short films and light shows onto Blackpool Tower and they had various different forms of entertainment on such as illuminated drummers. It was wonderful to have am impromptu outing at night and wander around like we were tourists, it was busy as well. We are so lucky to live so close to this type of attraction there is always something going out and fun to be had.










On Bonfire night we took the kids to the Football club around the corner, unfortunately there was  nothing going on that night on the one across the field which would have been fantastic as we could have watched from the comfort of our front room, but no the one we went to was round the corner. That afternoon me & molly made our own candy apples, I have never made these before and genuinely though they would not turn out well and would be soft or chewy, but they were spot on they can out perfect and were hard and cracked just like the shop bought ones, I think we have found ourselves a new tradition in the Ellison house. We all enjoyed the fireworks, Fred as usual snuggled in the pram and promptly fell asleep, he is so stuck in his routine it makes me laugh, but its a good thing really, Little Ali fell asleep before we got there, so really it was just us and the big two that actually got to watch them and when we got home we made hot chocolate with the works, cream, marshmallows and twirl, I had to go to bed an hour later as I was cold right through and just could not get warm.






No comments:

Post a Comment