Thursday 13 August 2015

Burnt out!

I think it had finally happened complete melt down! The other night Fred threw pasta bolognase over the walls and floor in the dining room and i completely lost the plot. Its hard work looking after 4 kids and since the start of the holidays i have taken them out most days, so this week i decided to stay in and have a rest and my parents took the older three swimming yesterday which was nice as Ali had a long sleep and i watched a drama on i player and knitted which was so nice and much needed. Its been a busy year so far for me, all the birthdays and partys, planning the gala then attending and making costumes for all the others, on top of house work and meetings for various other things i am involved with, and all the day to day stuff i have to do plus we are usually out all weekend or are planning things, so i think i have pretty much burnt out! I know i try to do minimal house work over the holidays, but there is a point where i just can't leave it and its too much of a mess, but you do one room and they are in the next messing it up, so its an endless on going cycle, and i am sure that i am not the only one who just loses the plot over a small minor incident, so i cried  and scrubbed the carpet and Paul came home and listened to me whinge and moan and cry some more, even my evening hot tub could not cheer me up or pull me out of my really low mood, so i headed off to bed. I got up in the morning and looked at the carnage and thought my god i just can't do this again today and really really wanted to run away! But as thats not really going to happen i just had to get on with it, the sun was out thought which helped cheer me up and i set the paddling pool up in the garden for the kids. It was Ewans turn to have a sleep over at Nanas and him and granddad went for a 12 mile bike ride together, so one of Mollys friends from down the road came in to play.


Later on when Paul got home, Molly and i had a last minute plan to have a night out!, we went to Pizza Hut and the Cinema to see Inside out



It was a lovely warm night and really was a bit of a shame to be inside, but we really really had a good time, its nice to spend time alone with the kids doing things they each enjoy and that's not just a compromise between them all.

  Out side the cinema is a mosaic on the floor, which i love, i wish i could recreate it for our garden.




I spent the film Knitting!


After i got home i went to bed and had the best nights sleep i have had in ages, as i have not been sleeping well recently, mainly due to my back really and my complete inability to relax, but a couple of days off and a night out with Molly had recharged my battery and i woke up feeling refreshed today, which is just as well as today we are back to Stanah for forest school. x

No comments:

Post a Comment