Saturday 30 January 2016

Our little family


Sometimes i wonder how the hell i am 34 years old, very nearly 35, it seems only yesterday i was sat in my room at home in my parents house feeling really annoyed that i wasn't allowed out later, and at 15 nearly 16 being really peed off that they would not let me out to Main Street ( a local night club) like everyone else, and how unfair it was!! I have to laugh, did i really think they would let me go to am over 18 night club at 15? would l let Ewan go at 15? NO!! at the time though i remember feeling really hard done by, makes me laugh now. I remember sat listening to Dancing queen by Abba and thinking i wish i was 17, it felt like a life time away. When i was a teenager, i was wrapped up in becoming a dancer on a cruise ship, that was my ambition or a Red or Blue coat at a holiday camp. I loved musicals, old musicals, with Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers and of course Judy Garland. I watched them over and over and always looked out for Diana Durban. because my granddad always told me we were related and i looked like her. It doesn't feel like years ago, it feels like yesterday.

Ewan is nearly 10, far to smart for his own good! and loves learning about everything and has made some comments recently that has made us laugh, like he would never ever snog a girl as its completely disgusting uurrggg! just wait another couple of years Ewan! Molly is 6, how did that happen, she still a baby in my mind, although, now she is getting bigger she is into makey makey just like me, the other day we sat knitting together and it felt amazing to be a mother to such a smart little girl, we always say, its just us girls against all the boys in this house. To be fair Ewan knits as well and enjoys doing stuff like that (at the moment!) and Freddies getting there as well, he is also very switched on and stubbon! and Ali, well he is starting to be a little monster now when he doesn't get his own way or can't do something he wants to do and throws tantrums! I love our little family, its great to see them grow, i love being in the midst of it all even though its hard sometimes and tiring, i just wouldn't swap it for the world and i have to admit it will be very sad on the day the littlest starts school ( a few years off yet!) and i have nobody at home with me and no pram to push.We both agree that having four kids is the best thing ever! Pauls words exactly! I can't say we both made plans to have 4 kids but each time i would get broody and Paul would say he would like another, and so it was, but while we have spoken that four is a good number, we both feel that we wouldn't be disappointed to have another, but there are the logistics to consider, space, time and money and the main thing is my back and hips, another baby would properly cripple me, i can barely walk some days as it is. But for a few years we have spoken about fostering or adopting and its something we might seriously consider in a few years, who knows.

What i would like is for time to slow down so i can enjoy every moment of them while they are young and we can spend every precious minute in our family. They are all amazing and wonderful and we are so lucky to have them, we wouldn't have it any other way xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment