Monday 11 January 2016

Virus Shawlette

Finally another crafty post, i actually finished the Virus Shawl before Xmas, but i have been wearing it as its super snug and actually matches my next coat, so i just hadn't managed to photograph it till this week.

I got the pattern via Ravelry and there seems to be some controversy about who's pattern it is, but the pattern i printed to use was a chart, i do love a chart, i actually find them so much easier than written patterns but the are few and far between. I used a 4 ply yarn that i had bought from yarndale  in 2014 and had been sat waiting to be used.

I had started this project basically as i had just finished the star wars jumper and had another to make but really didn't want to pick up another jumper straight away, so this was a nice little interlude for me, and i realize i never make anything for myself, so that was nice too.




I am really pleased how it turned out and think i will be making another one soon, as i found a large bag of 4 ply in my stash, its mainly in pinks and i think was leftover from when Molly was a baby, so it might be nice to make one for Molly


I don't feel that i made a lot last year, i think thats because i had quite a few knitting projects and they take me a lot longer, plus with the gala i had to spend lots of time planning that, but this year i defiantly plan to spend more time making things and have lots of projects lined up.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment