Monday 2 December 2013

Advent calendars

After my manic nesting faze (and a bit in between!) i started on the exciting task of decorating the house for Christmas. Each year i seem to have more and more ideas about things i want to do. This year i started a few weeks ago gathering together supplies for the different projects.

My First project this year was to make Advent calenders for the kids. Last year i brought the kids Christmas Playmobile calendars, but for the price of them i was a bit disappointed with the tiny fiddly little bits and pieces that were in it. I also had one i had brought that hangs on the wall, but all you an fit into it is a small chocolate or sweet. So i came up with the idea to make my own this year. I decided that instead for just using sweets and chocolates i would like a small present for each day so i started weeks ago buying little bits every time i went shopping. Most items cost under 50p each, its amazing what you can find in all the bargain shops for little money. I had to make sure though that i got the same pr a good equivalent for each child other wise it would cause arguments, and i decided that Fred was to little for most of the things so this year he will just have a normal chocie one.
I managed to get 24 each in total, well lets face it they won't be interested on Christmas day! I managed to get the little Star Wars figures  and Moshi Monsters, and Lallaloopsie figures that are normally £1.99 each for 39-49 p each, i got some books for 49p each and packets of chocolate coins for 59-69p each, dip daps 19p and lots of little things ranging from 8p to 59p the most i spent was 99p on a mini hot water bottle for warming there hands.

Once i had everything i had to decide the best way to put them in a calender. If i did a wall hanging type one with slots they would be far to big and take up too much room so i decided to wrap each present and put them in a bag.

So i started the mammoth task of deciding which pressie for which day and wrapping them up. I tried to rope my husband in with this and he said he would after his tea. However it took him over an hour to eat! I could see him watching my progress, clearly trying to push things out so he didn't have to wrap, by the time he finished he only did two pressies. I can't complain though he usually helps with anything i need.

So Wrap and number each pressie with marker pen.
Till i was left with two large piles. I had brought two felt Santa Sacks for £1.49, so they were idea for storing the pressies in and also as they will be empty on Christmas eve they can put them out for Father Christmas.


Bye x





No comments:

Post a Comment