Sunday 29 December 2013

New year, new projects!!!

My head is usually crowed with a million and one things i would to make and do, but now that i have started to achieve a few of these things i have started to think i should be a little more orgaizied.
 Instead of having large quantity of various types of wool all getting tangled up together, i am going to catalogue what i have and ear mark it for different projects and then i can go out and buy more!!!
Yes this new year is definatley the time to start getting more efficient, with baby number 4 not far off, my time for crafting in going to diminish even further so what time i do have i want to spend crafting rather than untangling yarn and hunting to the bottom of pop up laundry baskets (my current storage unit of choice)full of wool.
I am lucky that i have a large desk built under my stairs which has acted as an office over the years that i have worked from home. however now all i need for my job is a small laptop and a phone and i don't have paper work as we are a paperless company, so the vast majority of the desk i use to store my every growing collection of crafting tools and bits and bobs and of course my trusty sewing machine.What i feel is a desk make overcoming on, like the gorgeous colorful work spaces i see on others blogs and in crafting magazines. I think i am going to have to give it some thought.

Also its time to make a start on new projects. Obviously with the new baby i have some baby projects to do such as a Star afgan and some more snuggle cocoons and this baby has to have an assortment of hats!!! I just made a mini sock monkey hat while i was at soft play with the kids.

After the Granny CAL that i finished earlier this year i have been itching to do another so i have joined up for BAM CAL 2014 (block a month crochet along) http://www.ravelry.com/groups/2014-crochet-block-a-month-cal here is the link if you are interested.

Also i found an amazing stripey blanket that was done as a crochet along last year and i have printed the pattern and will give that a go to.

So i have plenty to see me through the winter and also now that i am busy selling my makings, i want to add some new patterns.

Lots to do, i am itching to start as we speak

No comments:

Post a Comment