Friday 20 December 2013

Snowflake Blanket Ta-dah!

I can't believe we are only 4 days away from Christmas! where has the time gone. Its been a whirl of Christmas party's (for the kids, not me i haven't been out once!), Christmas nativity plays and carol concerts. On top of all the present buying and wrapping. But i finally got to the end of it all and the kids finished school yesterday so for me that signals the start of Christmas. I sat last night with my lap top and a pen and paper writing out lists of all the ingredients i need to make lots of yummy food for Christmas, this is one of my favorite bits as before the kids came along i loved trying new recipes and spending time creating wonderful foodie things, but now i am lucky if i have time to bake a batch of fairy cakes with the kids, so Christmas  is the one of the few times i indulge in making the most of the time and baking and cooking to my hearts content. So armed with that list i will set off with the kids to shop for everything i need and want for the Christmas food shop.

I had planned this year to make lots of lovely homemade pressies but as i decided to start selling my makings, i was pleasantly surprised by how popular my hats were and the orders i have received have kept me very busy, so much so that i have only managed one present over the last few months.
This was my Snowflake blanket, that i decided to make for my parents. I saw the pattern for this square when i was doing the CAL on Knotyournanascrochet website. It was number 79 out of 99 and as soon as i saw it i felt that it would make a great Christmas blanket, but that was back in the summer so i stored ot away for another day. Then in November with the nights getting colder and darker and all my big projects finished the idea returned and i decided it would make a great pressie and that as it needed to be finished for Christmas i could do one sqaure a day and be finished in plenty of time.

I decided to use red and blue alternating with white for the center and edges, but then i remembered some green i had been given and also used that.

I spent lots of time snuggled up on the couch getting the squares done, but didn't manage to stick to one a day and ended up getting a bit behind, December started and i knew i need to get a move on. Finally all the squares were done and the last week i have been putting it all together and edging it.

So here it is, i love it and i know my parents will too!!!



Better get ready for the shopping now! Bye xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment